Venice, New York
The Town of Venice is in the south part of Cayuga County and is south of Auburn, New York.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 107.0 km² (41.3 mi²). 106.6 km² (41.1 mi²) of it is land and 0.5 km² (0.2 mi²) of it (0.44%) is water.
A small part of Owasco Lake borders the northeast part of Venice.
New York State Route 34, New York State Route 34B, and New York State Route 38 are north-south highways in Venice.
- Mercy Farrington born here 1780
- John Benjamin Williams born here June 12, 1817
- John Andrew Williams died here April 1842
- Bateman Haight Williams/Wilhelm born here November 14, 1843
Communities and locations in Venice
- Ashland -- A hamlet at the northeast corner of the town at Owasco Lake.
- Bruton Corners -- A location south of Venice Center on NY-34.
- Cascade -- A hamlet in the northeast of the town on NY-38.
- East Venice -- A hamlet in the southeast part of the town.
- Holley Corners -- A location in the southeast part of Venice.
- Ledyard -- A hamlet on NY-34B at the west town line.
- Owasco Hill -- A hamlet by the east town line.
- Poplar Ridge -- A hamlet in the western part of Venice on NY-34B.
- Rafferty Corners -- A location in the southeast part of Venice.
- Stewart Corners -- A hamlet east of Venice Center.
- Tait Corners -- A location east of Ledyard in the southwest part of Venice.
- Venice Center -- A hamlet on NY-34 near the center of the town.
- Wheeler Corners -- A location on NY-34B by the west town line.